Wednesday 4 July 2018

Still a-learning

Orite?

I know it has been an aeon since I last put something up here, but I got caught up with life in Frankfurt. That said, I'm happy to report that I'm still learning Gaelic, and I've even recruited someone else!

My thoughts on how to learn a language have also been changing. Based on my experience here in Germany and some blogs I've been reading, such as this one, I've realised the absolute importance of just speaking and reading and writing and listening to as much source language material as possible without looking up dictionaries endlessly or perusing grammar manuals.

As a consequence, I've decided to write a little Gaelic text on here as often as possible, and hopefully some of you Gaelic speakers out there can correct me or suggest more colloquial ways of saying it. Please feel free to make these or any other comments in Gaelic, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment