Tuesday 5 May 2015

Corrections and comments welcome!

BTW, just a quick post on the fact that I'm bound to make lots of mistakes, embarrassing mistakes on here.

In that regard, I welcome absolutely any comments and corrections from anyone, though I do favour those from native or experienced Gàidhlig speakers. I'm a balach mòr, I can take it. I once spent an entire semester in Germany where a fellow Mitbewohner used to correct my German on the spot, even interrupting what I was saying. While I found this highly irritating, not to mention unhelpful and discouraging, it did give me a much thicker skin when it comes to receiving criticism when speaking a language that isn't English*. Criticism should ideally be polite and respectful and it should come at the end of my poorly constructed sentence, not halfway through it. Give me time to think, Britta!!

[repress... deep breath... and carry on a Sheòrais]

Ahem, anyway, I exhort, encourage and enjoin you to leave comments and criticism.

Here's some Julie Fowlis to cheer you up this dreich feasgar Dimàirt.


* I accept corrections in English less kindly

No comments:

Post a Comment